ABATE of Illinois OPPOSES
Senate Bill SB-2841
Call Senator Martin A Sandoval
217-782-5304 CALL TONITE
1) This bill would kill everything that the Illinois Department of Natural Resources (IDNR) and ABATE of Illinois (Hunter John Harris) has done on getting a state owned riding park down in Harrisburg and other sites in our state. The only hang up on the Harrisburg Park is the “No” approved budget!! The park has been approved.
2) As we all know this bill will kill family outings as there are family’s with 4 or more children, all with their own ATV’s that won’t be able to ride together!
3) This bill is nothing more than a BURDEN to our families.
4) This will force our residents to go to other states so they can ride and have family fun. (Spending thr money in other states)
5) There are only a few sites in Illinoeis that offer certified off-road riding lessons and they are pretty pricey depending on where and if you get in to take them How does a young family afford something like this. These sites move around and are not like the CRSTP we have where the classes have permanent sites
6) This bill would forbid the (2) “Springfield Mile” races from having younger racers who come from all over the country to compete in national and sanctioned races by the AMA.
7) This bill would forbid many younger farm children from doing their “chores” and putting a burden on the family farm.
8) This is a 1st step helmet bill for all of us taking away personal and parental responsibilities and freedoms where ATV’s and OHV’s may travel in out laying areas on city and county roads legally.